The Gothic Quarter is the ancient city centre or Medieval Centre of the city, an authentic labyrinth of small streets that hide the Cathedral of Barcelona, The Plaza Real, the statue of Columbus, the Ramblas and an endless number of businesses, shops and restaurants for every taste.
The Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter
Route along the Ramblas (promenade)info
On the route through the Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter:
• The Barcelona Cathedral
• The Plaza Sant Jaume (Square)
• Liceu Theatre
• The City of Barcelona History Museum
• The square known as Plaça del Rei, Tinell & the Chapel of Santa Agata
• The square known as Plaça del Pi
• Monument to Christopher Columbus.
• The Boquería Market
How do I get there?info
Metro: Plaza Catalunya (L3 y L1), Liceu (L3), Drassanes (L3) Bicycle lane
Note: Beware of your belongings at all times! This is an area that is popular with tourists and there may be pickpockets. Also, the south end of The Ramblas becomes a red-light area at night, so it is not advisable for a family walk.